Pit Bull Prep School
Current Class is FULL – Check back in a few weeks!
BASIC COURSE INFORMATION
Hello Bully’s Pit Bull Prep School is a basic obedience and behavioral intervention course designed for dogs 11 months and up. This class will teach you how to better communicate with your dog and is ideal for improving your bond with your dog. We will focus on basic manners such as sit, down, watch me, name recognition, stay, and leave it.
There are many different schools of thought on dog training. The smartest and most effective approach is to reinforce behaviors we like, and ignore or interrupt behaviors we don’t like. While some people prefer the “old school” method of dominance and punishment, science is on the side of positive reinforcement. More importantly, we want our dogs to look forward to training!
You want your dog to learn – not just follow commands. Communication is key. If your dog doesn’t know what “sit” means, it’s useless to say “sit, sit, sit, sit…” Imagine being given directions in a totally foreign language… by another species! This class will help you learn to better communicate with you dogs and how to teach them what you’d like them to do.
- Vaccinations must be up to date for Rabies and Distemper – copies required.
- Bordetella is also strongly recommended for the health of your dog.
- Spayed/Neutered – Medical exemptions considered on a case by case bases.
- Dogs must not be aggressive towards people or have a history of biting.
- Dogs must be manageable in the presence of other dogs. Some reactivity is okay.
- Treats will be provided by Hello Bully but feel free to bring your own.
Training pouch, apron or pockets so treats are not visible but easily accessible.
- Collars should be flat buckle or martingale.
- Leashes should be Nylon or Leather and no longer than 6ft.
- Harnesses and gentle leaders are permitted.
- Small mat or rug – this should be big enough that your dog can comfortably lie down on it but not too large. Something portable and with a rubber backing is recommended.
- For the health and safety of your dog, flexi-leads, retractable leashes, prong collars, choke chains, slip collars, and shock collars are not permitted.
Cost of the class: $50 minimum donation
Current Classes Available:
Current Class is now full.
[gravityform id=3 title=false description=false ajax=true]
After completing this registration form, please pay for your classes by clicking here.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org